jueves, 30 de marzo de 2023

Roots of some discontent

 It comes to my mind in cycles. In an out of the blue kind of way these thoughts reappear. I remember specific instances where my ex did shit that I did not agree with. The problem here is, it is not what she was doing, but that I was not doing what I wanted while expecting to get what I needed because I was being a good person. In Dr. Robert Glober's terms, a covert contract. 

Frustration and anger are very useful emotions. Think of them as a sort of alarm that goes off when things are not going the way you expect. As emotions do, thety prompt you to take quick action. I've found that taking them more as suggestions rather than orders is effective because you take a little time to identify what is the anomaly triggering the alarm. What I usually have to do is to adjust my expectations instead of forcing them into the results I'm getting.

Always keep your expectations in check, especially when you are frustrated. It doesn't mean to give up what you want. It means to take the time to understand why you are not getting what you want and adjust your plan in order to get it or at least know if the results are worth the effort.



No hay comentarios: